Porceleyne Bijl

1657 -

About the artist

“De Porceleyne Bijl" (“The Porcelain Axe”) was a delftware factory, established in 1657. In 1739 the factory was purchased by Justus Brouwer who later shared its proprietorship with his son Hugo. In 1764 the mark of a hatchet was introduced. Hugo Brouwer sold the factory in 1788. In spite of the fact that it continued in existence until 1803, the history of its later ownership is unknown.