Platinum diamond and sapphire Art Deco style ring made in the Fifties 1950
- About the artworkAbout artwork & Artist
Antique jewelry object group: ring
Condition: excellent condition
- (more info on our condition scale)
Country of origin:Although it does not carry any legible control marks we believe this to be of Belgian origin.
Style: Although most people would call this style Art Deco it is more considered to be a product of the fifties of the Twentieth Century. Strongly influenced by Art Deco but also by the Retro style. That to most people this is Art Deco is no coincidence as both Retro style and Fifties style are the style successors of Art Deco.or more info on styles
Style specifics: This type of jewelry is very specific for the fifties of the twentieth century. The Art Deco period preceded only 20 years and was still used as source of inspiration, it is (even for the trained eye) sometimes very hard to note the difference betweenArt Deco and Fifties.
Period: ca. 1950
- (events & facts of this era, poetry of this era, fashion of this era)
- (more info on precious metals)
Diamond(s): 18 brilliant cut diamonds with an estimated weight of ± 1.44ct. (colour and clarity: E/H, vs/si).
- All diamond weights, color grades and clarity are approximate since the stones were not removed from their mounts to preserve the integrity of the setting.
Precious stones: One sapphire with an estimated weight of ± 3.30ct.
colour etc.: deep dark blue
Birthstones: Diamond is the birthstone (or month stone) for April and sapphire for September.
- (more info on birthstones)
Hallmarks: No trace.
- (more info on hallmarks)
Dimensions: top of ring 1,64 cm (0,65 inch) x 1,41 cm (0,56 inch)
Weight: 6,10 gram (3,92 dwt)
Ring size Continental: 54 & 17¼ , Size US 6¾ , Size UK: N
Resizing: Free resizing (only for extreme resizing we have to charge).
- (more info on ring sizes)
Reference Nº: 17153-0172
Copyright photography: Adin, fine antique jewelry