Typical Vintage Fifties brooch bird of paradise tri-colour 18K gold 1950
- About the artworkAbout artwork & Artist
Antique jewelry object group: brooch
Condition: very good condition
- (more info on our condition scale)
Country of origin: Although it does not carry any legible control marks we believe this to be of Belgian origin.
Style: Vintage Sixties (of the twentieth century)or more info on styles
Style specifics: This type of jewelry is very specific for the fifties of the twentieth century. All sorts of animals were used as source of inspiration for the goldsmiths. Made in gold and decorated with enamel and precious stones, the result of their labour most ofthe times well-made, clever and cute.
Period: ca. 1950
- (events & facts of this era, poetry of this era, fashion of this era)
Source of inspiration: Mother Nature
Theme: Bird of paradise
Material: 18K tri-color (red, yellow, white) gold (touchstone tested)
- (more info on precious metals)
Diamond(s):104 single brilliant cut diamonds (also called 8/8)with an estimated weight of ± 2.50ct. (colour and clarity: H/K, vs/si).
- All diamond weights, color grades and clarity are approximate since stones are not removed from their mounts topreserve the integrity of the setting. Also we have all diamonds screened by the IJGC - lab (www.ijgc-worldwide.com)for whether they are natural or synthetic, and all diamonds in this jewel are 100% guaranteed to be natural!
Precious stones: 12 rubies. We did not check if the rubies are lab produced or not as this information has no influence on the value of this jewel. Natural rubies and lab produced rubies were both used in this era, rather more for their effect than for their intrinsic value. with an estimated weight of ± 0.25ct.
One emerald with an estimated weight of ± 0.01ct.
- All color stone weights are approximate since stones are not removed from their mounts to preserve the integrity of the setting.
Birthstones: Diamond is the birthstone (or month stone) for April, ruby for July and emerald for May.
- (more info on birthstones)
Hallmarks: No trace.
- (more info on hallmarks)
Dimensions: height 8,67 cm (3,41 inch) - See picture with a ruler in cm and inches
Weight: 20,90 gram (13,44 dwt)
Adin Reference Nº: 20036-0024
Copyright photography: Adin, fine antique jewellery
jewelry with birds, tri-color jewelry, jewelry with diamond, jewelry with ruby, jewelry with emerald, latest acquisitions,
antique jewelry, estate jewelry, vintage jewelry or modern jewelry
Jewelry with birthstones (or month stones) for:
January - February - March - April - May - June - July
August - September - October - November or December.
jewelry glossary - wall of fame - visit us in Antwerp - subscribe to our mailinglist.
What is antique jewelry? - What is estate jewelry? - What is vintage jewelry?