Vintage Edwardian diamond and pearl pendant set with 125 diamonds 1920
- About the artworkAbout artwork & Artist
Antique jewelry object group: pendant
Condition: very good condition
- (more info on our condition scale)
Style: Edwardian - The Edwardian era or Edwardian period in the United Kingdom is the period covering the reign of King Edward VII, 1901 to 1910. The death of Queen Victoria in January 1901 and the succession of her son, Edward, marked the start of a new century and the end of the Victorian era. While Victoria had shunned society, Edward was the leader of a fashionable elite which set a style influenced by the art and fashions of continental Europe—perhaps because of the King's fondness for travel. The era was marked by significant shifts in politics as sections of society which had been largely excluded from wielding power in the past, such as common labourers and women, became increasingly politicised.
- See also: Edwardianor more info on styles
Style specifics: The fineness of line and lacey aspect of the piece are typical for the Edwardian period.
Period: ca. 1920
- (events & facts of this era, poetry of this era, fashion of this era)
Material: 18K white gold (touchstone tested)
- (more info on precious metals)
Diamond(s):Five old brilliant cut diamondswith an estimated weight of ± 0.65ct. (colour and clarity: E/H, vs/si).
120 rose cut diamonds and senailles. A senaille is a simplified rose cut diamond, a small diamond chip with perhaps a few polished facets. We do not have the weight of the rose cuts diamonds nor the senailles which is normal in our trade when it comes to rose cut diamonds and senailles.
- All diamond weights, color grades and clarity are approximate since stones are not removed from their mounts to preserve the integrity of the setting.
- All diamonds we offer are screened by the IJGC - lab (www.ijgc-worldwide.com) for whether they are natural or synthetic, and all diamonds in this jewel are 100% guaranteed to be natural.
Precious stones: One salt water pearl
Birthstones: Diamond is the birthstone (or month stone) for April and pearl for June.
- (more info on birthstones)
Hallmarks: No trace.
- (more info on hallmarks)
Dimensions: diameter 3,91 cm (1,54 inch) - See picture with a ruler in cm and inches
Weight: 11,00 gram (7,07 dwt)
Adin Reference Nº: 20363-0181
Copyright photography: Adin, fine antique jewellery
white gold jewelry, platinum jewelry, jewelry with diamond, jewelry with rose cut diamonds, jewelry with pearls, latest acquisitions,
antique jewelry, estate jewelry, vintage jewelry or modern jewelry
Jewelry with birthstones (or month stones) for:
January - February - March - April - May - June - July
August - September - October - November or December.
jewelry glossary - wall of fame - visit us in Antwerp - subscribe to our mailinglist.
What is antique jewelry? - What is estate jewelry? - What is vintage jewelry?