Vintage enameled gold ladybug brooch with diamonds 1980
- About the artworkAbout artwork & Artist
Antique jewelry object group: brooch
Condition: very good condition
- (more info on our condition scale)
Country of origin: Italy
- See also: vintage jewelryor more info on styles
Period: ca. 1980
- (events & facts of this era, poetry of this era, fashion of this era)
Source of inspiration: Mother Nature
Theme: Ladybug - Many cultures consider ladybirds lucky and have nursery rhymes or local names for the insects that reflect this. For instance, the Turkish name for the insect is ugur böcegi, literally meaning 'good luck bug'. In many countries, including Russia, Turkey, and Italy, the sight of a coccinellid is either a call to make a wish or a sign that a wish will soon be granted.
Material: 18K white gold (touchstone tested)
- (more info on precious metals)
Technique: Enamelling is an old and widely-adopted technology. The ancient Egyptians applied enamels to pottery and stone objects. The ancient Greeks, Celts, Russians, and Chinese also used enameling processes on metal objects. Enamel is the colorful result of fusing powdered glass to a substrate by firing, usually between 750 and 850 degrees Celsius. The powder melts and flows and hardens to a smooth, durable vitreous coating on metal, glass or ceramic. According to some sources, the word enamel comes from the High German word smelzan (to smelt) via the Old French esmail. Used as a noun, "an enamel" is a usually small decorative object, coated with enamel coating, such as a champlevé or a cloisonné (different techniques).
Diamond(s): 21 modern brilliant cut diamondswith an estimated weight of ± 0.60ct. (colour and clarity: E/G, vs/si).
- All diamond weights, color grades and clarity are approximate since stones are not removed from their mounts topreserve the integrity of the setting. Also we have all diamonds screened by the IJGC - lab (www.ijgc-worldwide.com)for whether they are natural or synthetic, and all diamonds in this jewel are 100% guaranteed to be natural!
Birthstones: Diamond is the birthstone (or month stone) for April.
- (more info on birthstones)
Hallmarks: Italian hallmarks for 18K and the makers mark
- (more info on hallmarks)
Dimensions: 2,32 cm (0,91 inch) x 1,66 cm (0,65 inch) - See picture with a ruler in cm and inches
Weight: 10,00 gram (6,43 dwt)
Adin Reference Nº: 20213-0004
Copyright photography: Adin, fine antique jewellery
jewelry with insects, jewelry with enamel, white gold jewelry, jewelry with diamond, latest acquisitions,
antique jewelry, estate jewelry, vintage jewelry or modern jewelry
Jewelry with birthstones (or month stones) for:
January - February - March - April - May - June - July
August - September - October - November or December.
jewelry glossary - wall of fame - visit us in Antwerp - subscribe to our mailinglist.
What is antique jewelry? - What is estate jewelry? - What is vintage jewelry?