Maker's mark in blue "BFS" for Fränkel and Schreck, 1745-47
H. 18 cm.
About the Artist
Adolf Fränkel and Johann Veit Schreck, the mayors of Bayreuth, Germany, were the owners of this ceramics factory in St. Georgen Am See, Bayreuth, between 1745 to 1747. The factory was originally founded in 1718 by Markgraf Georg Wilhelm. They especially decorated their ceramics with blue, depicting fruits, still-lifes and monograms. After Schreck's death in 1947, Johann Georg Pfeiffer took over the factory. After his death in 1767, the quality of the ceramics went down, leading to the closing of the factory in 1835.