About the artwork
About the ArtistJulia Laszlo Zsolnay (1856,1950) was born in Hungary in 1856.
She was a Hungarian artist in ceramics. Daughter of Vilmos Zsolnay (1828–1900) who was one of the owners of the Zsolnay porcelaine factory. Married to Tádé Sikorski (1852–1940), who was the chief designer of the factory. In 1900 Vilmos’ son Miklós took over. Frost-resisting Zsolnay building decorations were used in numerous buildings specifically during the art nouveau movement. By 1914, Zsolnay was the largest company in Austro-Hungary.
She died in 1950.