Gallerease respects your privacy. We comply with the Dutch Data Protection Act (Wet Bescherming Persoonsgegevens) and the Dutch Telecommunications Act (Telecommunicatiewet).
Where we collect personal data using Cookies, you can find additional information in our Cookie Statement. Words starting with a capital letter have been defined in the Terms and Conditions. You will also find a detailed description of the Service there.
1. What kind of information does Gallerease use?
There are two general categories of information we collect and/or ask for.
A) The information you give us
We process data we receive from you. For instance, when you register as a User or when you contact our Team.
- Account information. If you wish to enquire about an artwork on our Online Platform, you could create an Account. To do this, you need to choose a password and enter your name and email address.
- Profile information. In addition, to enable you to use our Service and enable us to perform the Service, we will ask you to provide certain information, such as your full name, email address, telephone number, address and date of birth. This information is required for us to contact you. We may use your date of birth to send you special offers or gifts for/around your birthday.
- Contact information. When you contact our Team or when they contact you, we collect information about the reason for such contact and all information you provide to us over the phone or email. Through our Online Platform, you are also able to communicate with other Users. We may review, scan or analyse such communications for fraud prevention, risk assessment, investigation and support purposes.
- Other information. We may ask you to provide us with feedback about our Service through an email or online survey. We greatly appreciate any feedback and will only process personal data (such as your email address or User ID), which may be collected by us or by our service provider for internal analytical purposes to enhance our Services.
B) Information we collect automatically
When you use our Online Platform, we collect information about your activities such as enquiries and information about your device to provide you with the best possible Service.
- Usage information. We keep interest profiles, qualifications and characteristics of Users, so we know what type of User you are, your location and what artworks you like. Such information enables us to find out what you are interested in and to personalise our Service for you. For instance, based on your browsing behaviour we may offer you targeted marketing emails. If you do not wish to receive such emails, you can unsubscribe from the link in any of our emails.
- Log data. We automatically collect certain information sent by your Internet browser when you use our Online Platform, even if you have not created an Account or are logged in. That information includes, among other things: details about how you’ve used the Platform (including links to third-party applications), IP address, access times, hardware and software information and information about the device you used.
2. For what purposes does Gallerease use the information?
Below you can read for what purposes we use your personal data.
A) The provision of our Service
We use your data firstly in order to fulfil our contractual obligations to you and to ensure that our Service is provided to you in the best possible way. In this regard, we use your data to:
● enable you to access and use our Online Platform, including (any future) payment features
● display the Online Platform in a format that corresponds to your internet browser and the device you use
● provide customer service to you via various channels, such as email and phone
● send you status updates, invoices and/or payment reminders by email, SMS, Whatsapp, any other direct messaging or push notifications
● keep our internal administration in order
● To provide, personalise, measure and improve our advertising and marketing
We want to make our Online Platform attractive to all of our Users. Therefore it is in our (legitimate) interest to find out what you click on and what you think about our Service. In this light, we process your data to:
● show you suggestions and targeted advertisements (on other websites) based on your activities on our Online Platform
● offer and/or inform you about extra services, events, offers, promotions and benefits
● maintain contact via mail, telephone or SMS (or any other direct messaging) or for answering questions
● invite you to provide us with feedback about our Service
● draw up anonymised statistical information that we use for the target group and market analysis and for improving navigation on our Online Platform
In order to optimise our Service and marketing activities, we may make use of cross-device tracking via a User ID number (User ID) assigned to you during registration. This User ID is a unique and persistent string of numbers representing you as a user of the Online Platform. Cross-device tracking enables us to track your behaviour across multiple devices that are linked to each other and to combine the data to provide you with personalised content on those various devices. For instance, we may show you personalised content on your computer based on your behaviour on our mobile application. You can manage the way your devices share the data by adjusting the privacy settings on each device separately.
B) Ensure and maintain a trusted and safe Online Platform
Of course, it is also in our legitimate interest to ensure and maintain a trusted and safe Online Platform. We may also have to process and store your data to comply with legal obligations. For these reasons we process personal data to:
● prevent, trace and counter fraud or any other unlawful use of the Online Platform or Service
● register, mediate and resolve possible disputes or irregularities
● comply with our legal obligations, such as keeping records, and comply with any duties in the context of criminal or other investigations by competent authorities
● enforce our Terms and Conditions and other policies
3. When will information be provided to third parties?
A) When you enquire about an artwork offered through the Online Platform. When you enquire on an artwork, other Users may gain access to data such as your name, email address, as this may be necessary for the conclusion or execution of the transaction (including delivery).
B) When we are (legally) obliged to or need to enforce our Terms and Conditions we may also disclose your data to third parties:
● if we feel obliged to do so, for instance in the event of disputes or if your User material is manifestly unlawful
● to comply with statutory obligations, such as court orders
● to cooperate with authorities such as the police or tax authorities
● to enforce performance of the Gallerease Terms and Conditions
4. How do we secure your information and how long do we store it?
We take the security of your data seriously and have security procedures and technical restrictions in place to protect your data from unauthorised access, destruction or alteration. We encrypt our services using SSL, the data is only accessible through a secret password and our employees only have access to your data on a need-to-know basis. In addition to the security measures on our end, such as encryption of your data, we highly recommend you to carefully select a password and make sure to keep your login details secret.
5. How can you control your information?
If you’d like to know what information we have about you, you may ask us to provide you with an overview of your personal data. You may also ask us to delete your personal data. You can do this by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please clarify in the subject whether it is a request to access or deletion. This makes it easier for us to help you as soon as possible. Bear in mind that Gallerease may ask you for additional information to determine your identity, such as a copy of your ID card.
Furthermore, please know that we may need to retain certain information to comply with national law or regulations (for example to comply with applicable tax laws), to prevent and counter fraud, resolve any disputes, to enforce our Terms and Conditions. Lastly, in certain cases, you may ask us to restrict or to object to certain processing. When you have provided your consent for certain use of your data by us, e.g for sending you marketing emails, you can easily withdraw your consent. You can do so by clicking on an ‘unsubscribe’ link in an email.
6. What should you do in case of a privacy violation?
If you think we have infringed your privacy rights, we kindly ask you to notify us by sending an email to email@example.com. This enables us to investigate the matter as soon as possible. You can also lodge a complaint with the relevant national supervisory authority.
8. Cookie Statement
We may use “cookies” to enhance your experience when you use our Websites. A cookie is a small text file, containing a string of characters that can be placed on your device when you visit a website. This text file uniquely identifies your browser or device. When you visit our Websites again, the cookie allows our Websites to recognize your browser or device. You can change your cookie settings in your browser if you don’t want cookies to be sent to your device. Please note that some Website features or services of our Websites may not function properly without cookies. We use the following types of cookies on our Websites:
- Technical cookies: these are cookies that are essential for the operation of our Websites; they enable you to move around our Websites and use our features.
- Analytical/statistical cookies: we use these cookies to track visitor statistics. We use these statistics to continuously improve the Websites and mailings, and thus offer you relevant content. These cookies also allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors navigate when they’re using our Websites. This helps us to improve user navigation and ensure users to find what they need more easily
- Tracking cookies: these cookies monitor clicking behaviour and surfing habits. By means of these cookies, we can see whether and when you view your profile, and whether you click through to our Websites.